30 Day Challenge

Today is Day 11 of my 30 Day Challenge. And it's the first day that I have felt unmotivated. I read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod a couple of weeks ago after hearing and seeing a lot of posts on Instagram and videos on YouTube about the life changing effects for so many people. I decided to give it a go myself. I started by looking up Hal Elrod and came across some of his talks on YouTube. I watched a couple of them, then picked up the book. I'm in a transition period right now in my life. I'm still working in Ohio through the week, even though I moved to Indiana after getting married at the beginning of the year. I'm at the point now where I'm researching alternate career paths so that I can find a job closer to home. I want to be able to spend more time with my husband and stepdaughters. I figured this is the best time to really concentrate on personal development. The better my mindset, the more open I am to opportunities, the better my chances are of finding a suitable job. Prior to starting my Miracle Morning routine, I woke up at the last possible minute, hit snooze as often as possible on multiple alarms and basically just blundered through the morning. Now I'm waking up earlier, not hitting snooze, and getting up with a single alarm. I'm still setting other alarms, just in case, but I find myself not using them. I've definitely been more productive at my current job and I've found it easier to check off more and more of my "someday" tasks. I've actually been spending part of my mornings planning out the day and adding some of those tasks to each day's list. I even took a big leap in the past weeks and have reached out to strangers in an effort to meet new people closer to my new home and also to find out more about essential oils and other natural remedies, but more on that at another time. I'm finding that pushing myself to walk down a better path is having some pretty instantaneous results for me and I'm overjoyed. I sat down last night to count out the days to see what date my 30th day of my challenge will fall on. And I figured out that the last day of my challenge also happens to be my 34th birthday. I figure this is one of the best birthday gifts I can give myself. I'm using that as my motivation to finish my routine today, even though I really would rather just go back to bed! The act of spending some time each morning working on being a better me is the best birthday gift I can possibly give myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Home

2023 Musings

A Red Gown